The Wacken Metal Battle USA final was held in Philadelphia on May 20th at the Whiskey Tango.
Wacken Metal Battle USA Finalists
Corpse Hoarder (Philadelphia) - https://corpsehoarder.bandcamp.com/ - WINNER
Goblet (Boston) - http://goblet2.bandcamp.com/
POWER THEORY (Philadelphia) - http://www.sentinelmusic75.wix.com/powertheoryand
Upheaval (Boston) - http://upheavalboston.bandcamp.com/
Wacken Metal Battle USA will be returning for 2018 with an announcement of participating cities and submissions.
Please follow them at http://www.metalbattlusa.com and https://www.facebook.com/metalbattleusa/.
For over a decade at the world's largest outdoor metal festival Wacken Open Air, independent metal bands from around the globe have been performing in front of thousands and competing against one another for one to be crowned champion of the world along with winning multiple prizes (prizes info). For the first time ever, Wacken Metal Battle USA is coming to America for its inaugural year and will be hosting qualifying rounds in various cities. The national champion of those battles will perform at the 2017 festival taking place from August 3rd - 5th. Please watch the following video trailer to see all the metal fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xjt8Qp3TE
How it works:
Each city will hold their qualifying rounds plus city finals, selecting the top band to move forward to the national final (city and date to be determined) with one being selected to perform at the 28th edition of Wacken Open Air. All bands will be judged during battle rounds by respected local music industry.
For more info on Wacken Metal Battle USA, please visit these links:
Official Website: http://www.metalbattlusa.com
For more info on international battle, please visit: http://www.metal-battle.com
For more info on Wacken Open Air, please visit http://www.wacken.com
RULES:All bands, that wish to participate in the Metal Battle, must read the following rules and guidelines. Bands who send in an application automatically agree to the rules and terms.
- Your band doesn't have a deal and isn't about to sign to a label in the near future.
- Your band can easily play a 25 minute set consisting of your own songs. (No Covers). Full set performance time is 25 mins.
- PA, lighting, and sound engineer will be provided for all bands.
- Backline arrangements TBA.
- The bands must bring their own instruments such as guitars, bass, drum breakables, keyboards and effect pedals and may also bring and use their own guitar amps.
- To keep the changeover times as short as possible, bands with left handed drummers will play as first or last band. All bands have to follow the directions given by the promoters or stage manager.
- Semi playback is not allowed. All bands must play live. Background orchestrations are ok as long as all vocals, guitars and bass are live. Intros / interludes are also ok.
- Jury of respected music industry folk will decide the winners each night.
Travel for the winning band to go to Germany is at their own expense and accommodations at the festival will be in the form of camping in the VIP area.
Full professional back line will be provided for performance.
Sponsors / Media Partners:LosCabosDrumsticks.com
Dungeon Works Productions
Asher Media Relations
Full Siege Entertainment
Death Kiss (WEMF)