Now having watched the Revolver Mag “Golden Gods Awards” last night, I can picture Cliff Burton , Dimebag Darrel and Jeff Hanneman standing wherever they are now shaking their heads going what the fuck?
I am not going to bore you with my take on every category, clearly whoever came up with the nominees missed an entire group of metal fans.
But I will point out the things that REALLY got me.
Album of the Year
- Avenged Sevenfold, Hail to the King
- Black Sabbath, 13 WINNER
- Five Finger Death Punch, The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 1 and 2
- Korn, The Paradigm Shift
- Queens of the Stone Age, …Like Clockwork
- Volbeat, Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Others I would have added instead of FFDP/Korn/QOTSA?
Killswitch Engage / Children of Bodom / The Black Dahlia Murder / Amon Amarth / BattleCross / Carcass / Deicide
- The Dillinger Escape Plan
- Lamb of God
- Mötley Crüe
- Rob Zombie WINNER
Considering the majority of the Awards show was far from Metal, then adding Kiss to this list would be allowed. Only problem is Gene and Paul would find a reason to complain and we would have had to listen to it for months before the show.
- Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains)
- Synyster Gates & Zacky Vengeance (Avenged Sevenfold) WINNERS
- Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)
- John Petrucci (Dream Theater)
- Zoltan Bathory & Jason Hook (Five Finger Death Punch)
- Munky & Head (Korn)
Best Film & Video presented by Eagle Rock Entertainment
- Behemoth, “Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel”
- Huntress, “Zenith”
- Lamb of God, As the Palaces Burn
- Metallica, Through the Never
- Motionless in White, “America” WINNER
- Pierce the Veil, This is a Wasteland
Comeback of the Year
- Black Sabbath
- Deep Purple WINNER
- Nine Inch Nails
- Queens of the Stone Age
- Suicidal Tendencies
- Tony Alva (skateboarder)
- Grant Balfour (MLB)
- Josh Barnett (mixed martial artist, UFC) WINNER
- Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors, NBA)
- Derek Garland (Metal Mulisha, motocross)
- Tuukka Rask (Boston Bruins, NHL)
- A Day to Remember
- Avenged Sevenfold WINNER
- Five Finger Death Punch
- Of Mice & Men
- The Pretty Reckless
- Jett had to re-do her performance of "I Hate Myself For Loving You" when THE PRETTY RECKLESS singer Taylor Momsen blew her lines.
- Axel Rose singing was brutal.
- In my opinion if you cant get Slash to do the solo in November Rain then do NOT play it
- The online feed died at one point and revolver had no idea
- How about the memoriam when they listed Jani Lane as being with Motorhead instead of Warrent
- The fact they named the Best Bassist award after Paul Gray, may his soul rest in peace, but he was in no ways good enough on base to be “Best Bassist” Why not Cliff Burton?
I honestly was extremely disappointed with the Golden Gods Awards… again
The Golden Gods Awards are starting to make me feel like a Canucks fan when it comes to the Stanley Cup… “Well theres always next year”